It’s that time again, here’s my answer to this month’s Question of the Month. The question this month is set by Pix1001, an awesome blogger that writes about video games. Take time out of your day to read her content and follow her blog.
This month’s question is:
If you could live in any video game settlement (ie a town, village, city, etc), where would you choose to live and why; and what role would you play in it?
This is a really fun question and it was very hard to decide which video game settlement I would like to live in as there are so many amazing places in video games that capture that sense of wonder. However, I have decided on where I would like to live but in order to get there, I’ll need a mode of transport called the Gummi Ship.
For those that don’t know what a Gummi Ship is, it is effectively a small space ship that allows Sora, Donald and Goofy to travel to different worlds in the Kingdom Hearts series.
Like the Kingdom Hearts series itself, the place I want to live in is near and dear to my heart, Twilight Town.
Twilight Town is a quiet, tranquil place where things are pretty relaxed. The town is in a perpetual sunset which helps in creating and maintaining a calm atmosphere. The people who live in Twilight Town are also very friendly and are always willing to lend a hand, with the exception of Seifer and his crew.
Twilight Town may be a quiet and idyllic place to live but there plenty of things to do:
- I could watch the cool looking trains enter and depart Central Station.
- There are several skateboards around Twilight Town that people can use. This may not be a big deal to some people but I used to skateboard a lot some years ago and I have been meaning to get back on the board again.
- One thing I will make sure to do is befriend Hayner, Pence and Olette. These three people are also known as the “Twilight Town Trio” as they are good friends that stick together through thick and thin. Hayner and the gang are the first people Sora becomes friends with in Kingdom Hearts II.
- I can climb the Clock Tower and look at the town below whilst the sun shines. Whilst doing this I could eat Sea Salt Ice Cream.
- I can climb the Clock Tower and eat Sea Salt Ice Cream with Hayner, Pence and Olette
- Twilight Town hosts the “Struggle” tournament, a game that involves combat and possession. Each player has 100 orbs and to get more of them, you will need to fight our opponent. Each hit to you or your opponent will drop orbs. The competitor with the most orbs by the end of the time limit, wins.
- There are several jobs I can do to earn money whilst I live in Twilight Town. These are the jobs that Roxas has to do to earn money so he and his friends can go to the beach. Examples of the jobs available are Mail Delivery, Cargo Climb and Poster Duty.
- Twilight Town has a tram system, so I could travel around using the trams.
- I can take the train to Sunset Terrace, another part of Twilight Town. Whilst I am here I can take in the sights and relax. I could also go to Sunset Hill and look at the town from above.
I don’t think I would have a specified role in Twilight Town. I would just be another resident of the Town who helps people and makes friends. If I had to pick a role though mine would be, to be a good friend. Friendship goes a long way both in real life and in Kingdom Hearts and being a friend is very important, as memories can be made and being a friend help people a lot.
Twilight Town is a place that I would like to retire to, if it was real. It’s such a calm and peaceful place, I think I would be happy and content if I lived there.
If you want to answer the Question of the Month then click the link provided. Have fun.