30 Video game characters enter the ring. At the end, only one will remain.
Royal Rumble weekend is upon us. If you follow WWE or wrestling in general, you’ll know what this is.
For those who don’t know, the Royal Rumble is an event where 30 people participate in a Battle Royal and at the end only one will remain. The Royal Rumble starts off with two people in the ring and then at consistent intervals (usually around 90 seconds) another competitor will enter the ring.
The participants have to eliminate the other competitors by throwing them over the top rope and both feet touching the floor outside the ring.
With it being Royal Rumble weekend I thought it would be cool to do a Video Game Royal Rumble. 30 video game characters. Only one character from a series. The same rules for the WWE Royal Rumble apply here.
The 30 Video Game Royal Rumble Participants –
- King – Tekken
- Akira Yuki – Virtua Fighter
- Dhalsim – Street Fighter
- Nathan Drake – Uncharted
- Lara Croft – Tomb Raider
- Bayonetta – Bayonetta
- Doomguy – Doom
- Dante – Devil May Cry
- Adam Jensen – Deus Ex
- Kazuma Kiryu – Yakuza
- Solid Snake – Metal Gear Solid
- Lu Bu – Dynasty Warriors
- Kasumi – Dead or Alive
- Albert Wesker – Resident Evil
- Regina – Dino Crisis
- Ryo Hazuki – Shenmue
- Sol Badguy – Guilty Gear
- Handsome Jack – Borderlands
- Ragna The Bloodedge – BlazBlue
- Iori Yagami – The King of Fighters
- Master Chief – Halo
- Tifa – Final Fantasy VII
- Wei Shen – Sleeping Dogs
- Dauragon C. Mikado – The Bouncer
- Frank West – Dead Rising
- Cervantes – Soul Calibur
- Aloy – Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Marcus Fenix – Gears of War
- Liu Kang – Mortal Kombat
- Johnny Gat – Saints Row
Here’s the fun part, you can now create your own Video Game Royal Rumble using these 30 characters. Who will be the first two people to enter the ring? Who eliminates who? Who will win and the become the Video Game Royal Rumble Champion? It’s up to you, go as crazy as you like.
Reply with a blog post linking to this piece, a comment below, make a video or tell me on Twitter. It’s all up to you. This is all for fun, so go on and have fun with it.
My Video Game Royal Rumble –
- Kasumi and Adam Jensen are the first entrants in the Royal Rumble.
- Doomguy enters the ring.
- Aloy enters the ring.
- Master Chief enters the ring and immediately starts feuding with Doomguy.
- Bayonetta enters the ring
- Marcus Fenix enters the ring and gets involved in the brawl between Master Chief and Doomguy.
- Liu Kang enters the ring. The squared circle is now getting crowded.
- Tifa enters the ring and eliminates Aloy by delivering a vicious uppercut that sent Aloy over the top rope.
- Adam Jensen has activated his Glass-Shield Cloaking and has turned invisible. Whilst invisible he eliminates Marcus Fenix. Jensen has spent a lot of power.
- Doomguy isn’t impressed. He wanted to eliminate Marcus Fenix. Enraged, Doomguy eliminates Adam Jensen.
- Solid Snake enters the ring.
- Dhalsim enters the ring.
- Master Chief are still fighting. Nothing can break them up. Both are battered, bloody and bruised.
- Bayonetta and Kasumi start feuding.
- Nathan Drake enters the ring.
- Frank West enters the ring. Frank isn’t fighting, he’s taking pictures to gain PP.
- Lara Croft enters the ring.
- Lara Croft and Tifa start feuding. Nathan Drake is picking up the treasure that fell out of the pockets of the other characters.
- Handsome Jack enters the ring. He immediately starts insulting everyone. For some reason he is playing a tiny violin.
- The ring is getting crowded.
- Ragna the Bloodedge enters the ring. The ring is really crowded now.
- Music starts. It’s… It’s LU BU! Many of the competitors in the ring look in abject horror. Lu Bu enters the ring.
- Handsome Jack tries to bribe Lu Bu so they can fight alongside one another. Lu Bu doesn’t care for a miserable human being. Lu Bu eliminates Handsome Jack.
- Nathan Drake bumps into Lu Bu. Nathan Drake says “Oh crap”. Lu Bu eliminates Nathan Drake.
- Lu Bu is on a rampage. He eliminates Dhalsim, Lara Croft and Kasumi. He nearly eliminates Bayonetta.
- Master Chief and Doomguy are still duking it out.
- Frank West takes a selfie with the remaining Royal Rumble participants. He gets a tonne of PP. Frank West thanks everyone and then eliminates himself.
- Regina enters the ring and starts fighting with Tifa.
- Sol Badguy enters the ring and goes straight for Ragna and Lu Bu. The three are duking it out. Doomguy and Master Chief are still beating the living daylights out of each other.
- Dante enters the ring and immediately starts feuding and are arguing over which character stars in the best Hack and Slash game.
- Uh oh. Albert Wesker has entered the ring and starts fighting with Liu Kang and Solid Snake.
- In spectacular fashion Doomguy and Master Chief have eliminated each other. They continue to fight outside the ring.
- Johnny Gat enters the ring. and flips the bird at everyone.
- Lu Bu is a force to be reckoned with but with the combined might of Sol, Ragna and Dante, Lu Bu is eliminated.
- Cervantes enters the ring and eliminates Ragna the Bloodedge.
- King enters the ring and suplexes everyone.
- Despite being one of the earliest entrants, Liu Kang isn’t tired.
- Regina blindsides Tifa and flings her over the top rope. Tifa is eliminated.
- Regina elated that she eliminated Tifa forgets that King is behind her. King throws Regina over the top rope. Regina is eliminated.
- Cervantes enters the ring and starts fighting with Sol Badguy.
- Wesker delivers a haymaker to Solid Snake and throws Snake over the top rope. Solid Snake is eliminated.
- Akira Yuki enters the ring and starts fighting with Liu Kang.
- King powerbombs Cervantes out of the ring. Cervantes is eliminated.
- Dante, Bayonetta and Johnny Gat manage to get Sol over the top rope. Sol Badguy is eliminated.
- Sol Badguy who is enraged goes back into the ring and eliminates Johnny Gat.
- Dante and Bayonetta eliminate each other and continue to fight outside the ring.
- Dauragon C. Mikado enters the ring and goes straight for Wesker and clotheslines him over the top rope. Albert Wesker is eliminated.
- Ryo Hazuki enters the ring.
- Wei Shen enters the ring. Wei and Ryo start fighting each other.
- Kazuma Kiryu enters the ring. An all out brawl breaks out between Kiryu, Wei and Ryo.
- Ryo gets away and somehow gets a forklift into the ring. He picks up the brawling Liu Kang and Akira Yuki and tips them over the top rope.
- Liu Kang and Akira Yuki are eliminated.
- Iori Yagami enters the ring.
- Characters left in the ring – Kazuma Kiryu, King, Wei Shen, Ryo Hazuki, Dauragon C. Mikado and Iori Yagami.
- A one on one fight between Kazuma Kiryu and Wei Shen begins.
- Iori Yagami proclaims he is the better villain. Dauragon challenges him.
- King and Ryo are duking it out. Despite the size difference, Ryo is putting up one hell of a fight.
- Iori easily overpowers Dauragon and throws him over the top rope.
- Dauragon C. Mikado is eliminated.
- Iori for some reason slithers out of the ring.
- Ryo showed heart and strength but it wasn’t enough, King eventually picks him up and throws him out of ring.
- Ryo Hazuki has been eliminated.
- With Iori seemingly gone, there are only three characters left in the ring. Kazuma Kiryu, King and Wei Shen.
- Iori reappears and he has got a hold of Haruka Sawamura.
- Enraged, Kazmua Kiryu leaps over the rope eliminating himself. Kiryu doesn’t care lunges at Iori and after an exchange of blows, Kiryu knocks out Iori.
- Kiryu drags Iori and puts him in the ring. With Haruka now safe, Kiryu holds Haruka’s hand and walks back up the ramp.
- King and Wei pick up Iori and deliver a double powerbomb over the top rope.
- Iori Yagami has been eliminated.
- It’s down to King and Wei Shen. Wei Shen puts up a great fight and nearly eliminates King. King delivers punch after punch, kick after kick, slam after slam. Wei Shen, battered and bruised still gets up and continues to fight. A valiant effort by Wei but the more powerful King picks him up and throws him over the top rope.
- Wei Shen is eliminated.
King is the WINNER!
There’s my Video Game Royal Rumble. What do you think of it? Link me to your version of the Video Game Royal Rumble. I’d love to see what you come up with.
Do you want to talk about video games and wrestling? Why not follow me on Twitter – @ThatGreenDude95