On Friday, September 21st I went to EGX 2018, a gaming convention held in Birmingham, United Kingdom. At the event, I played several games, met some cool people, took a lot of pictures and waited a long time in the dreaded convention queues.
I’m going to list the games I played at EGX below and a quick summary of my thoughts on each one. Games with a * by the name means that I will be doing a small impressions piece on them.
- Kingdom Hearts 3* – I played two different sections of the game and I enjoyed it. After finally playing Kingdom Hearts 3 I felt sad, I wanted to play more. My time spent with the game was magical.
- Soul Calibur VI* – Soul Calibur is back! The gameplay was fast, it felt like Soul Calibur II and III and that is a good thing. Soul Calibur VI is also a very, very pretty game.
- Ace Combat 7 – It’s been many years since I last played an Ace Combat game and Ace Combat feels great. Flying the aircraft is really cool and graphically it looks stunning.
- Team Sonic Racing* – I went into Team Sonic Racing with some doubts as the released gameplay footage didn’t look great. After playing the upcoming racing title, some of my fears are quashed and I’m a bit more excited for the game.
- Metro Exodus* – Amazing, brilliant, I loved the demo I played. I feel as though I didn’t get the intended experience, as the Metro games are meant to be played alone and in the dark. That said though, I have nothing but praise for Metro Exodus.
- Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey* – The demo was quite big and there was quite a bit to do. The demo I played had a couple of issues but I expect like Origins that they will be fixed by the time the game releases.
- Untitled Goose Game – You play as a very naughty goose. A GOOSE! A VERY NAUGHTY GOOSE! I really enjoyed this game, it was just dumb fun and it made me think, what would it be like to be a very naughty goose. GOOSE!
Whilst I was at EGX I took a lot of pictures and I think it would be cool if I shared them with you. Enjoy! (If you want to see larger versions of the images, click on them to enlarge.)
Kingdom Hearts III photo area. People could hold the Toy Story Keyblade and have their photo taken.
There was a HUGE Kingdom Key by the Kingdom Hearts area. If Sora had this Keyblade everything would have been sorted by now.
Kingdom Hearts III posters.
Soul Calibur VI is fantastic. The Soul Calibur area was always packed and lively.
Some pictures of the merch that was on sale.
Two huge wall posters of Alexios and Kassandra.
There were Fallout 76 posters throughout the corridors along the way to EGX.
The Metro Exodus booth was fantastic. There were replicas of many of the weapons found in the Metro series behind protective fences.
There were banners hanging over the PlayStation area.
The queue for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy was understandably, long. I planned to have Spyro as the last game I would play but the queue was too long and I had to leave in order to catch my train.
Some more posters.
The history of PlayStation. Every PlayStation console was here and it was a very interesting section of PlayStation’s area at EGX.
That’s it, folks! Thanks for reading this and for looking at the pictures. I’ve got more EGX content to come throughout the week. Keep on gaming!
Do you want to talk about video games? Why not follow me on Twitter – @ThatGreenDude95